Sunday, May 17, 2009

Further to the Cocobanana recipe


I've tweaked it a little. The banana tends to oxidise and the resulting ice-cream has a greyish tinge. So, I tried dicing and tossing banana in orange juice before I froze the pieces. This resulted in a lovely creamy colour and hint of tutti-fruity flavour in the ice cream. I liked it. I'll be doing it again - remind me to post a photo of it.

I'm also intending to try a version with pears as I've got a big bag full of 'em and they are really delicious. I think they'd make a nice Pear coconut ice cream. Stay tuned.

ALSO, I noticed that I put cashew & parmesan dip on a post about Vegan dips. Doh! I am fully aware that vegan is dairy-free so please forgive my slip-up. I think all the other dips are a great idea for a vegan fast and I'll be posting recipes very very soon.

Just started the Daniel Fast today. I'm hoping to last the full ten days and beyond. Prayers, please?

No comments:

Post a Comment